How Do I Hook Up My Phone to My 2019 GMC Sierra with IntelliLink?
[ READ MORE: What’s New in the 2020 GMC Sierra and SUV Models? ]
Guide to Connect your Phone to IntelliLink
Before you begin, you must make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your phone. Once Bluetooth is on, make sure that your phone is “discoverable”. You can test this by using another device with Bluetooth on and seeing if you can find your phone on that device. Now, you have the choice to connect your phone through voice commands or on the touchscreen. We will provide steps for both methods below.
Pairing with Voice Commands
- Press the Push to Talk button in your Sierra and say “Bluetooth”.
- After you hear a beep, say “Pair”.
- The system will respond with “Please start a search on your Bluetooth phone”. Go on your phone and find your GMC Sierra.
- After you select your vehicle, enter the four-digit code on the touchscreen or confirm the six-digit code on your phone matches the one on your radio. There will be nothing to confirm if your phone supports Simple Secure Pairing (SSP).
- Press the “HOME” button. Then, press the “Phone” icon or button.
- Press “Search Device” on the touchscreen and find your phone. Double check that your phone is discoverable by Bluetooth if you cannot find it.
- If your phone does not support SSP, you will be asked to enter or confirm a code. If your phone supports SSP, no confirmation is necessary.
- You may be asked to accept the connection on your phone. If you are, then select “Yes”, “Always accept”, or “Allow”.
Did you find this guide helpful? If so, check out our blog for more useful information on the GMC vehicles we have available like the Sierra!