2019 GMC Sierra 1500
The 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 has serious power in the trailering and towing department, with much thanks going to the new trailer and tow tech included on board the 2019 model. This light duty pick-up truck packs a serious punch when it comes to what it can haul. Its trailering and towing tech and function is backed by immensely strong powertrain options. The combination of smart and strong really make the 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 a force that can tackle any task you throw at it. Of course a truck needs to be strong and capable when it comes to towing and hauling, but its just as important that the driver feels in control. Confidence is the key to control, and safety follows suit. Here are a few highlights of the Pro-Grade Trailer and tow tech included in the 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 line-up.
- Guidance Hitch Assist and Hitch Lighting – This advanced tech helps drivers get a better view when hitching haul and tow cargo to the rear of their truck. Cameras have the ability to zoom in and out as well as give a bird’s eye view for more accurate maneuverability when hitching cargo. Perfectly aligned lamps illuminate the hitch area in the dark for nighttime functions while hitching your cargo.
- Electric Parking Brake Assist – This driver-assistance technology helps drivers position their vehicle safely and accurately while parking. Automatic brake application helps stabilize the vehicle while drivers shift from reverse or drive to park, making a perfect parking job possible every time.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller – This technology allows for preset trailer braking capabilities that transform the performance depending on whichever trailer specifications are called for. Another great trailering feature is the Trailering App which is integrated into the 2019 GMC Sierra 1500’s infotainment system. This helps keep drivers connected, informed, and in control of what they are trailering and towing. The Trailering App includes several convenient and helpful features such as:
- Pre-Departure Checklists – These conveniently appear on the Sierra’s infotainment system. This checklist helps instruct and direct drivers through all of the steps needed when hitching up trailered cargo to their truck, ensuring you never skip an important task.
- Trailer Profiles – These profiles can be customized to read which trailers need what once they are hooked up to the Sierra’s hitch and connected.
- Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring – Here is where drivers can keep track of the tire pressure on the tires of their trailer.
- Trailer Camera Package – This important available package gives the 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 two rear-faced cameras that are in the side view mirrors. Meanwhile, this tech is combined with the trailer mounted camera, so drivers can view the sides and the rear of the trailer at the same time.
With all of this advanced onboard tow and hauling technology, it’s easy for drivers and critics alike to see why the 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 is a true force in the pick-up world.
Available in six exterior colors and three interior color combinations, this is just the beginning when it comes to the bold and stylish looking exterior of the 2019 GMC Sierra 1500. Of course, like all great style and design, the 2019 GMC Sierra doesn’t; just look great, it’s also designed to be driver-friendly and improve function and driving pleasure at every turn. The 2019 GMC Sierra 1500’s impressiveness lies in its ability to perform like the powerhouse of a truck it is.
One great example of how design and function come together on board the 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 is the extremely quiet cabin that allows passengers and drivers to enjoy a quiet, undisturbed ride without the distraction of road or climate noises. Other interior luxuries include, heated and ventilated seating, large and roomy consoles for plenty of storage and organizations, along with special storage located under the seats on SLE and SLT model trims of the 2019 Sierra. Premium materials, convenience, like USB charging ports, and the availability of both double and crew cabs, drivers can truly customize their Sierra driving experience with this 2019 model year. And what driver wouldn’t enjoy choosing from an abundance of customization options?
The exterior of the 2019 GMC Sierra is highly sculpted and there is no mistaking it for a GMC classic pick-up with its classic boldly styled grille, a wide, bold, stance, and an all-terrain package that makes the Sierra really hold a presence on the road. Pair these stylish exterior design features with advanced truck bed designs that enhance the look and the function of the 2019 GMC Sierra, as well as multiple trims and accessory and part upgrades, and drivers will have no doubt that the 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 is one of the best lightweight pickup trucks on the road today.
With all of the 2019 GMC Sierra towing and hauling capability it’s no surprise that GMC has given this light-weight pick-up truck a high-performance engine with multiple available powertrain options to give it the power to pull and haul. The 2019 engine on the Sierra is built with a 6.2L V-8 and is paired with their new and exclusive 10-speed automatic transmission. Another option is the 5.3L V8 that is matched with an 8-speed automatic transmission. Acceleration does not disappoint while taking on hills, even while towing and hauling a major load.