With the summer travel season in full swing, owners of the GMC Terrain small SUV are prepared for low-stress road trips thanks to smart engineering and purposeful technology. Here are the top 10 reasons to consider the Terrain for your next adventure.
- Power: Terrain’s optional V-6 towing capacity of 3,500 pounds is unsurpassed in its class, and enough for many power boats, jet skis or small campers.
- Efficiency: With front-wheel drive and a standard 2.4L engine, Terrain’s estimated 32 highway mpg and 18.8-gallon fuel tank can cut down on fuel stops.
- Technology: A standard seven-inch Color Touch Radio offers quick music browsing and colorful album art. The screen also displays video from a standard Rear Vision Camera.
- Entertainment: Terrain’s available Rear Seat Entertainment uses dual seatback-mounted LCD screens that can each play a unique video, reducing sibling rivalry.
- Directions: Color Touch Navigation with traffic and weather brings an end to “Are we there yet?” and at $795, it’s half the price of similar systems from some competitors.
- Flexibility: Terrain’s MultiFlex rear seat slides up and back eight inches. Young children can be kept close, while teenagers can get the personal space they desire.
- Serenity: Triple door seals, laminated windshield and front side window glass, and available Active Noise Cancellation help keep Terrain quiet on highways.
- Safety: Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning keep an active eye on the road ahead but dollars in the customer’s pocket, since the system is just a $295 option.
- Adaptability: An available roof rack and power adjustable liftgate make loading gear in and onto the Terrain easy. The liftgate can be easily programmed to stop at any height.
- Security: Every Terrain comes standard with six months of OnStar’s Directions and Connections plan, including Automatic Crash Response and roadside assistance.
GMC has manufactured trucks since 1902, and is one of the industry’s healthiest brands. Innovation and engineering excellence is built into all GMC vehicles and the brand is evolving to offer more fuel-efficient trucks and crossovers, including the Terrain small SUV and Acadia crossover. GMC is the only manufacturer to offer three full-size hybrid trucks with the Yukon, Yukon Denali SUVs and theSierra pickup. The Sierra Heavy Duty pickups are the most capable and powerful trucks in the market. Details on all GMC models are available at http://www.gmc.com/, on Twitter at @thisisgmc or athttp://www.facebook.com/gmc.